Saturday, June 7, 2008

the past few days.

Eph. 6:12 "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."

1 Peter 5:8 "Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world."

Ps. 27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

In the past couple days, I've realized more than ever what a spiritual battle we're in the middle of. I've known that since I started going to True Vine/Gamaliel's Council, but it's so much more real to me now. Never have I been attacked so strongly and frequently... I feel like every time I turn around, I'm rebuking another demon and praying to God for strength. I guess Satan knows how much more of a "threat" I'll be to him once I move out (73 days) because he's working overtime as I get closer to that day. It definitely doesn't help that I'd been slacking off in the disciplines so I wasn't on my guard like I should be. Well, Satan's been telling me all sorts of lies-many of which are about me and Chris- and causing all sorts of anxiety. Once I'd been turned into a somewhat nervous wreck, I got this massive headache. I didn't think much about it because it's pretty common for me to get one when a storm front comes through, like it was on that day. I went to bed and the headache went away, but came back worse shortly after I woke up. I mentioned it to Chris, and he said to pray over it, so I did...turns out it wasn't from the storm front. It took ten minutes of intense prayer and rebuking to make it go away. After that I was exhausted, but thankfully I haven't been attacked since. That was yesterday, and needless to say I've been much more consistent in my disciplines since all this started a few days ago. I guess I needed a wake-up call to get me back on track! I do know that this whole battle is much more "real" to me now.. but hey, that's a good indicator that I'm doing something right.

This seems like a good way to end this post: "Now to Him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages but has now been disclosed and through the prophetic writings has been made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith- to the only wise God be glory forevermore through Jesus Christ! Amen." - Romans 16:25-27

No comments: