Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Greatness of His Might

I was reading today, and while flipping to the page where I'd left off the day before, this verse caught my eye:

"Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these? He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name, by the greatness of His might; and because He is strong in power, not one is missing." -Isaiah 40:26

That verse is talking about the stars- how there are so many of them, but He knows about every single one of them. It made me think about how, even though I feel so insignificant at times, God made individual plans for me. Even though there are 7 billion other people in the world, He won't forget about me and the things He's called me to do. He has plans to use me for His glory- that's definitely a motivation to listen to what He's telling me and follow through with those plans!

No comments: